Career opportunities at «E-Government» system development center
Centre for development of "E-Government" system is engaged with the development of strategic direction for further progress and improvement of "e-Government" system on the basis of analysis and research of global trends and the experience of foreign countries.
An equally important task for the Centre is to develop a methodology for determining the key performance indicators of the provision and the use of online government services, as well as the definition of target indicators of implementation of projects within the frames of "e-Government" system.
Despite the fact that the Center was established relatively recently, significant work has already been done. Legislative and regulatory base has already been formed and continues to develop. A government program for the integrated development of information and communication systems of Uzbekistan for 2013-2020 is adopted. Among the scheduled tasks of the program are the provision of the possibility to carry out the interaction with public authorities in electronic form, the introduction of the principle of "single window" in the system of governance, outline activities for creation of complex of "e-Government" information systems and databases.
And this is only a small part of what the Centre is engaged with- there are still a lot of interesting projects. The Centre provides training and skills development programs, carries out joint research programs, scientific conferences and seminars in the field of "e-Government", the implementation of information systems in various sectors of the economy and social sphere, including "e-Learning", "e-Health", "e-Taxation", "e-Customs", and others.
Nowadays the Center employs both the experienced and the young professionals, namely 105 employees having different educational backgrounds such as information and communications technology, public administration, management, business administration, marketing, finance, economics, law, international relations, and others.
About 60% of the Centre's staff are young people under the age of 30. Since its foundation, the Center has received more than 500 applications: through the web portal, and by mail after the participation of the Centre in job fairs at TUIT (Tashkent University of Information Technology), the University of World Economy and Diplomacy, Islamic University.
As of November 10, 2014, job interviews were held with 125 candidates, of them 73 people found employment at the Center, 10 refused employment, 10 did not pass interview, 10 on probation, 22 of them are expected to be called for the second interview.
Of the total number of employees, managerial staff amounts to 17%, operating personnel- 73%, technical staff- 10%.
To ensure the quality of work performed at the Center competent personnel with appropriate education, level of training, skills and experience was selected.
The Center has approved a number of internal regulatory documents, such as: a code of conduct, personnel policy, the rules of internal work regulations, job descriptions for each employee.
In order to create a favorable psychological climate at the workplace of the Center, an organization of a healthy working and psychological atmosphere at the Center is assigned to one of the competent in psychology staff, who is responsibile for the following:
- studying the influence of psychological, economic and organizational factors on work activity of the employees of the Centre;
- identifying current issues and problems which require solving (employee turnover, violations of labor discipline, ineffective labor), identifying ways to eliminate their causes;
- preparation and provision of the proposals aimed at increasing productivity and job satisfaction to the management of the Center;
- participation in the implementation of measures for industrial and professional adaptation of young professionals and new employees of the Center (systematic individual interviews);
- organization of events for the formation of the organizational culture and improvement of the socio-psychological climate in the team (training, seminars, meetings, corporate cultural events);
- selection of methods and techniques of diagnostic staff, run diagnostics, providing qualitative and quantitative analysis and interpretation of diagnostic results;
- conducting interviews with candidates for vacancies at the Centre.
In order to motivate employees, free training courses in the following areas are conducted at the Center:
- “e-Government” system;
- “e-Government” as the current trend of democratic transformation of public administration;
- lectures on the works of the President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov “High spirituality – an invincible force”;
- presentations on BPR, improving communication skills are conducted on a regular basis;
- the development of the "e-Government" system. Centralized databases of the "e-Government" system;
- document management systems, drawing up a network schedule and monitoring of projects in the program;
- presentations on SISSP (The single interactive state services portal), What is ID.UZ, Time management, successful presentation skills;
- lectures on how to use Microsoft Project;
- Microsoft Outlook basics. Theory and practice;
- trainings on corporate ethics;
- developing interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on developing relationships and communication;
- covering the latest news and events in the field of information and communication technology and information security on a regular basis;
- Visio, Power Point basics.
International Cooperation of the Center for development of "e-Government" system.
17 out of the total number of employees went on business trips abroad to the following countries: Russian Federation, the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Republic of Korea, Malaysia. The staff who were on trips abroad share gained skills and experience with others.
Team building (team- spirit lifting) events in form of different social corporate events (corporate trips, the celebration of national holidays "Nowruz", "Independence Day", bowling, concerts) are organized for employees of the Center.
It is worth mentioning that the Centre has signed a contract with an English teacher, who conducts free classes for staff in order to improve English language skills.
The terms of employment contracts are observed according to Labor Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Thus, vacations, maternity leaves and leaves without pay are provided to the employees of the Center timely. Social benefits (social insurance for age, illnesses, disability or accident) are also provided.
Workplaces of employees are arranged in a way to ensure optimal use of the potential of an employee and giving him/ her the opportunity to prove himself/ herself a good employee at work activities.
Safety precautions are being observed in order to ensure the health of personnel. By the order, the Director of the Centre has assigned a committee responsible for health and safety at workplaces.
During 2014, in accordance with the approved plan of trainings, 91% of the total number of employees have improved their proficiency qualifications. Of our plans, 12% improved their skills on a paid basis, 12%- abroad, including 5% in diplomatic courses at the University of World Economy and Diplomacy on "Management skills", "Analysis of the economic situation of enterprises and tax planning".
To date, there are 42 vacancies at the Centre, 18 of which are for managing positions. The received through gov.uz portal applications are now being considered in the selection process.
Current vacancies are published on the official web site of the Center.
Please send your CV (with photo attached) to the following email addresses: email@example.comGo to the Single portal